General QuestionsClick each question to view the answer.
Read more here
Public Housing Program
Public Housing Frequent QuestionsClick each question to view the answer.
Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
Section 8 Frequent QuestionsClick each question to view the answer.
- Our process takes 60 - 90 days.
- You must give your landlord a proper written vacate notice. Please have your landlord sign your vacate notice.
- You must be recertified before you can receive your voucher and moving packet.
- The voucher will be issued for only 60 days.
- You must be approved by a landlord and have the briefing packet (including the RFTA) completed before it is determined if the rent is affordable under the 40% rule.
- If you qualify for the unit, the utilities must be turned on and the inspection will be scheduled.
- The unit must pass inspection before you move in.
- The Section 8 assistance will not begin until the 1st of the month following the passed inspection.
Section 8 Landlords
Frequent Questions for LandlordsClick each question to view the answer.
Family Self Sufficiency (FSS)
The Neighborhood Resources Network department includes family self-sufficiency, homeownership assistance, and services for the elderly, disabled, and youth.Click each question to view the answer.